Two Days Without Interns...

I am starting the first of two days without my interns. They chose to go to the AMTA virtual conference - I opted not to go. So, I will be heading into work to lead their groups and then spend some time in my space alone. To be completely honest, I am looking forward to being "therapist" for a couple of days, and I am also going to enjoy doing things like cleaning out my office from the bottom to the top! My afternoon group today has been cancelled due to germs, so I have from 11-2:45 to take things out of my office, sort them, toss things, organize other things, and then re-load things into a cleaner office space! I think I will take some of my newest DVDs to watch while I am cleaning. Having something on the television engages my attention so I can work on tasks that I don't really like - like cleaning...

I have my sessions strategies ready, but I am really missing the guitar today. I wish I could bend my fingers enough to play, but I'm not healed yet. I didn't realize how much I would miss making music - when I had a lifting weight limit of 5 pounds after my knee surgery, I was able to play a ukulele, so I didn't miss out on the musicking as much as I am now. I am tired of only being able to play the piano with my right hand - my weak side - and I want to be able to play the guitar. I miss it so much. I asked the interns to put the clinic guitar into their office for the rest of this week so I wouldn't have to move it from one place to another. The pain is too great. It's a silly little thing, but having a guitar attached to me for a significant amount of time every day has been a part of me and how I navigate the world.

Okay, enough of that.

I am ready to head off into my music therapy world so I can do the thing that I love more than anything in the world - leading music therapy sessions with my clients of choice! Before I do that, though, it is time to head into the hallway with the steam cleaner to clean up after the cat.

Ups and downs, people. Ups and downs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment