Thinking About February 2021


That's right! I am already making plans for February 2021. Not anything travel-oriented or about seeing friends or anything like that, but music therapy plans!

You may not know that I offer a monthly idea subscription plan through my website. If not, shame on me, because I put together a packet every month that is released to subscribers on the 5th. 

This subscription is a passion project for me. When I was first getting ready to do my thesis, I decided to write a music-enhanced education curriculum to help kids who need some assistance with memory retrieval. I had designed the entire thesis and then I had to switch advisors to one who wasn't really as enthusiastic about my idea. In order to graduate, I switched thesis topics, but this dream lingered.

Once I was no longer shackled by degree requirements, I found that I still wanted to write therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) for other people to use to help people in both therapeutic and non-therapeutic settings. The fact is that I just love making music and want everyone to enjoy it (and learn a bit as well!!). That's when sing about songs was born.


I have compiled seven collections of theme-based TMEs and then I started my mini editions as a subscription service. I enjoy writing mini editions that are centered around the months of the year as well as compiling bigger books of TMEs that have specific themes. I strive to make TMEs that are accessible for many different age groups, populations, and therapeutic outcomes as possible. Through this ongoing project, I am able to indulge in things that I love - task analysis, defining the function of music within the experience, and composition - AND, I can share it with other music therapists!!

I just finished the February 2021 edition of sing about mini, and it was a fun one! As part of the entire thing, I developed a new visual aid to make into a file folder for my clients, and went through my TME archives for some old ideas that I was able to revamp and update a bit. Oh, did I mention that sing about mini editions are released three months in advance so you can strategize with plenty of time to learn songs and TMEs?? They are!!

I sent the packet to my subscribers this morning, and I hope that they find some inspiration in the pages and visuals that I make. I'm glad that they want to see what I have for them, and I hope that one of my ideas spurs them on to new ideas and interactions with their clients.

Hey, if you have reached the end of this post, I want to encourage you to check out my website to see if a single edition of sing about mini, or a full theme edition of sing about songs, or either of my CMTE courses is something that you may be interested in examining further. Feel free to contact me using the contact us link on the site, and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

So, I am already thinking about February 2021....let's hope that it is a bright future ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment