Some Progress Is Being Made...But Not Enough

I am nearing the end of my Thanksgiving break, and I have made a bit of progress on my decluttering goal for the week. I have cleared out enough of the craft room so that the vacuum can move around freely, and I am slowly working on the front room. I have spent some of my time working, but I have spent lots more time resting.

In the midst of all my decluttering, I have found many half finished ideas for songs and therapeutic music experiences (TMEs). I need to make a system for how to take these ideas and finish them up...so many ideas that aren't ready for release into the world.

I am working on sing about march, my current sing about mini edition for my subscribers. If you are interested in getting 4-6 TMEs, suggested music lists, and related visual aids sent straight to your inbox every month, please consider subscribing. The price is just $9.00USD/month! 

I like working three months in advance when designing these packets. I figure that planning this far in advance allows me to get relevant session materials to music therapists in enough time for them to learn the music, use the resources, and make their adaptations for use with their clients as needed. There's also something nice about thinking about where we will be in March 2021.

The physical decluttering is leading me to thoughts of mental decluttering as well. How many of us use some sort of daily practice to shed the day's events? I know that my mother, when she was working as a school-based Occupational Therapist, would come home and immediately take a shower every day. When she started showing signs of chronic anxiety, she had to go to a psychiatrist who asked what her routines were. Mom told her and then immediately identified her ritual as a self-care, coping mechanism that allowed her to "wash off her day." Mom doesn't journal, but she does write letters, and she also uses that format to declutter her mind. She, like me, has a tendency to like stuff and so her home is also cluttered. I use my blog and my journal and my bullet journal to declutter my thoughts. I wish I was more inclined to physically declutter my environment, but I am always working on it.

My system for decluttering is not the most efficient, I know. I read all the books, and I watch all the shows, but I get bogged down into my stuff and cannot disconnect easily. I continue to work on this and will probably be challenged by all of this forever.

Too much stuff, too little space...

I am going to get started now. I had an idea about changing up some of my storage and I have to uncover the floor in front of the shelving to finish my plan...Time to declutter some of my physical space in an effort to make things a bit easier.

I will make some progress today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment