Busy Weekend = Lots Done?? Not Always

So, this past weekend was busy. I had an Online Conference meeting followed by a webinar about home buying then a Sunday School video to generate and then an attempt to decrease the bandwidth usage on my internet service by watching some of the Avengers movies. I then spoke to my father (a couple of times, actually) and to my sister. On Sunday, I woke up, found myself lounging in bed until the store opened up, and then I went to get some essential shopping done. Now, I've used the curbside service but what I've found is that they don't get the things I need - they substitute completely different items, so I feel that shopping for my big pantry restocks is necessary so I can get what I need. So, I took myself to the stores to get all the things I should need between now and Winter Break about a month from now. I should be able to use the curbside service if I find myself needing things like chiles or specific things to finish up recipes. After I got back home and unloaded my purchases (I also found some gifts for my Dad), I got ready for church, went over to the town where I work, and sang for the service. I then came home and tried to think about the future but didn't really make much progress other than setting up my project book for the next year. I talked to family members again, did some online shopping, and called it a day!

Did I get the laundry finished? Nope. Same with the dishes, the vacuuming, the craft room clean-up, and everything else. My house is a mess, and I am overwhelmed by my space. Common theme for me, isn't it?

The to-do list for this week is pretty open - my one weekend day may actually be spent doing things for me rather than doing for others. Perhaps.

Today's work schedule includes leading one group, boxing up things for the transfer of the STARS store from my room to another space, and making a video for my library. I am currently on tenterhooks with our current COVID-19 status and the possibility that we will have to change things up yet again. For someone who is not comfortable with instability, this year has forced me to become better at going with the flow. I'm not all that good at it yet, but I am much better than I was in January.

My interns will be gone at the end of this week so they can attend the virtual AMTA conference. I decided not to do so since I don't need the CMTEs and I am very tired of virtual conferences. I need to reserve my attention and energy for the virtual conference that I am part of - check it out at this link! I also looked at the presentations that were accepted, and nothing really seemed interesting to me, so I'm using my conference monies for additional professional development time later on in the year. That reminds me, I need to submit my request for the time as soon as possible...

That's it for today... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA