Procrastination and Avoidance and Doing Just About ANYTHING to Avoid Failure

Oh, it is happening again.

I am staring at my screen, avoiding a task that I have to get done here but that I am scared to do. It is something that I've been dreaming about for a couple of weeks now, but I have to get it done. It is due tomorrow, so the time crunch is on now. It has to be finished by this evening so I can upload it all.

Have I even opened it up yet?? Nope. I have been taking every excuse I can to avoid sitting down and just doing this! It is time to get over my fear of failure and get going!

A friend of mine posted a quote from Aaron Sorkin that struck a chord with me in my current state -
“You call it procrastinating. I call it thinking.” – Aaron Sorkin.

There comes a time, though, when thinking is taken over by fear - at least in my case. I think some of my procrastination is definitely affected by fear. I don't want to produce a substandard product, so I don't even want to try.

My emotional brain is fully behind this fear. It lives in the space between wanting to do amazing things and not wanting just in case those things aren't actually amazing.

My rational brain will not allow this!

Time to get my rational brain working and get started!

See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA