I've Missed This...But Not As Much As I Thought I Would...Hmmm

 Hi, there.

I've been avoiding this blog for a bit because all I felt that I was doing with it was complaining about things rather than doing what I want to be doing with it which is communicating with music therapists out there about music therapy things and topics that interest us because we share an interest in music as a therapeutic medium. I've also been stuck in a "poor me" mode for a bit, and every single thing that I was writing was permeated with that attitude. I was sinking into an abyss and my usual ways of getting out were not helping...hence, the silence for a bit. I don't know if I am back to writing something daily or not, but we will see where this current mood takes me...

At this very moment, I am sitting here, thinking about all the things that I need to do in the next four hours before I head off to my church job - oh! That has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster ride lately, but things are coming together so I'm not going to dwell. I am also thinking about what I have to do this week and what steps I need to take to get those tasks finished.

I have lots on my plate right now. I have to generate a 15-minute Sunday School segment for my church job - every Sunday. I have a make-up session for an intern webinar that did not do well on Tuesday last week - that needs to be filmed and distributed. I have a new batch of interns to talk to starting in 10 days. I have my own projects that I am doing right now including a craft room makeover and more work on my evening routine. That is in addition to my full-time job as an essential health care worker in a residential and day school program while being an internship director AND trying to do all of this with two fingers in splints and my dominant hand being basically non-functional! There is lots happening.

Then, when I start down this type of "poor me" path, I have to pull myself up short! There are SO MANY other music therapists who have significantly more difficult paths that they are walking right now. What right do I have to complain?? If you are struggling as a music therapist right now, I am sorry to be complaining. Let me know what I can do to help you out - free CMTEs? A place to talk?? Something else???

For now, I am going to focus on what I can get done in the next 30 minutes. I am going to take my shower and re-tape my splints onto my fingers. That can be done in 30 minutes. After that, I will start my recordings for today. After that 30 minute period, I will spend a little bit of time in my craft room. I am going to hunt down my R2-D2 kitchen timer to keep me on a 30-minute routine, and I am going to plow through my list - one thing at a time.

Blogging - done.

I don't know if I will be ready to blog again tomorrow, but I hope I will. I've missed this opportunity to write and then send my thoughts off into the ether. Hope to "see" you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA