Friday - Fun Day - Let's Do Something Different Day

 Sooooo...

Yesterday, after the dinner I had finally decided to heat up and consume fell from my hands and scattered all over the carpeted floor (and, OF COURSE, it was Zoodles alfredo with lots of sauce) and I burst into hysterical tears, I decided that, for the good of humanity, I needed to get into my bed and just be surrounded by things soft and fluffy. This second week back has been rough, and I am very thankful that it is almost over. I don't like that I have to do therapy groups today - I have never had group sessions on Fridays before (by deliberate design), so this is not something that I am looking forward to, but it is what it is, so I can't really complain - if I do, nothing will come of it, so why bother? Anyway, it is almost the weekend, and I am looking forward to it all. Two days of only doing what I need to do - which is to clean up every possible surface - well, that's kinda sad...

I have determined that I need to schedule in fun the same way that I schedule in Teachers Pay Teachers posts on this blog. So, here goes.

I now declare Fridays will henceforth be called "Fun Days" on this blog!

So, you may be thinking something along the lines of "Really, MJ?? THIS is what you are spending your time thinking about these days??" This really is something that I think I will have to manufacture in order to make it happen. Today's Fun Day is not fully developed, so let's see how it goes!

First of all, what is fun?

I have difficulty answering this question because it changes from moment to moment. Sometimes it is fun to be in my craft room, making things for others. Sometimes it feels like work. I am currently stuck in a project that seems more like work than fun, so I am going to scrub it and start over on something that is more fun. Sometimes it is fun to drive somewhere, but my options are strictly limited by my essential healthcare status. If I get the virus due to something I choose to do outside of my expectations of home and work, then I'm up a creek. So, I can drive places, but I really shouldn't be out shopping or going to movie theaters or stuff like that until we are released from these precautions. So, I guess I could go driving. 

Today, I think I will try my best to think of things that I can write about on this blog on Fridays - not necessarily future things, but also moments of fun that I've had over the week.

This week's fun moments have included finished a book series that really gets me involved in the story (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series - if you like mysteries, then check out these books!), laughing with interns over nothing at all, and talking to my best friend from elementary school about life in Kansas and Arizona. We also fit in some information about steel drums into our brief conversation. I haven't had some time to sit and play with paper this week, but I did finish a project and send it off (via the USPS where I got into a conversation about common commuting routes with the clerk), so that was pretty fun. Oh, I think I forgot to take pictures of that project before I sent it off - oops. 

There is fun in the everyday experience. I just have to look for it sometimes. I'm hoping that Fun Days will help me remember this, especially when work has been rough, and I'm feeling a bit down.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA