Tuesday at Teachers Pay Teachers - More From My Shop

Okay, okay. I know that you didn't come here to get an advertisement, but I've decided that one way to let folks know what I do with and for music therapists is to tell you about it. If you don't want to feel any type of pressure whatsoever from this blog, then just skip Tuesdays for a bit, okay? My business consultant tells me that I need to be marketing things to others, so here goes!

Tuesday posts are going to be dedicated to the things that I offer to other music therapists on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. Just so you know, Teachers Pay Teachers does require that you sign-up with them and make an account, but you do not have to pay anything to be part of the website. Once you have an account, you have access to millions upon millions of digital files to use (with some adaptation or addition of our medium) with clients. There are all sorts of things that you can find on that site, but here is my particular site.

If you end up browsing around my site (or TPT itself), you will notice that many of my files are less than $4.00 and only a couple of them are more. This is purposeful as I know what it is like to have to budget down to the last penny as a music therapist. So, for your money, you get a digital file that includes the makings of a visual aid as well as an original song so you can put together something to hear and something to see.

I like making visual aids - always have. My file folders are full of file folder board games and large die-cuts that I bought from the Dollar Tree many years ago. I enjoy having something to see that helps clients with a particular concept, so it seemed natural to digitize my ideas and then offer them to others. I hope that you will consider visiting my shop to see what I can offer to you as a music therapist. Don't let the title of the site fool you - you do not have to be a teacher to take advantage of the resources that are available!

Now the difficult choice - what to feature today...

Maybe I should feature the most expensive file on my site - I Want to Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat. Coming in at $7.00 USD, this is the most money that I ask for from my site, but this file is one of the most used visual aid in my music therapy clinic. It includes 86 food options for choosing preferred (and not preferred) foods. The file also comes with pages that indicate storage for each of the cards. Offered in full color, this is one of my favorite visuals and it goes with so many of my Therapeutic Music Experiences.

The pictures are not mine - they come from a great graphic artist in Canada who runs Scrappin Doodles - found her on TPT, by the way and I have full permission to use her pictures for this purpose - but the song and the concept is totally mine. Like I said, we use these pictures so much that it is time to make a couple of new sets for my own music therapy room. I took the files, cut out each of the food cards, laminated them and the storage pages, and then put it all into a three-ring binder so I can grab the pictures quickly in the middle of the session. I've also included a song sheet with an empty box at the bottom of the lyrics for errorless work on communicating likes and dislikes. If you are interested in getting the "I Don't Want to Eat" lyric sheet, let me know, and I will send it to you for free (if you have already downloaded the TPT file - it doesn't make much sense to have it otherwise...).

Now, we don't just use these cards for the one song that I've composed and shared with all of you. We use these cards for all sorts of Therapeutic Music Experiences - most of them are not my own, so I cannot share them with you - we use them over and over again. It is always interesting to see what clients choose for themselves when offered the opportunity to select from lots of options. I am working on some activity choice boards similar to this one but with other types of choices.

This is one of the reasons that I enjoy making files for my shop - one idea often leads to other ideas and then it all snowballs. Food choices leads to activity choices - outside activities, leisure options, you name it! It just takes a bit of time getting things organized, and I do that for you!! Once one of us finishes, it makes sense to share this with other music therapists (and anyone else who wants to use it).

Now, I make sure that I am offering files that anyone could use to enrich their education or therapy practice, but I am not giving away music therapy interventions. I do not include therapeutic music experience strategies in these files because I don't want someone downloading my files and then saying that they are doing "music therapy."

Thank you for reading this. I hope that you take a look at my shop, and I am always open to making things for specific themes or goals that are out there - just leave a comment below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA