Trying Real Hard to Keep It Together Over Here

Last year, I was here...
For the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to switch my blogging routine to the early evening hours with limited success. I find that my brain is more adept at thinking of topics and things to say in the mornings than in the evenings. I also like sleeping in the evenings, so I am not as prolific with this new routine. That may be a good thing or maybe not. Time will tell.

I can tell you that I feel like something is missing from my morning when I don't blog a bit.

It is my mid-summer break right now. I have a webinar in about 45 minutes for students about chord progressions, and I think I missed my medications this morning (nothing life altering, but it would explain my lack of interest in things today...hmmm). I have spent the day in feeling less than. Less than what? Less than EVERYTHING!

Summer is a hard season for me. Most folks have seasonal affective disorder in the winter months, but I tend to have it in the summer months. This is something that I have had my entire life - if the sun is out, I am not really all that interested in doing things. When I was growing up, I was always busy during the summer, outside because that is where camp was. I went to camp after camp during the summer months, so I was always busy. I was the kid who wanted to get back to school as soon as possible though, so I wonder if there was a bit of SAD happening all summer long.

I am feeling the effect of summer on my mood and emotional state today. It started this morning when I awoke and just couldn't figure out what I needed to do first. I flitted from place to place and task to task finishing one and then moving to the next one as soon as possible. It was difficult to get going on anything at all. I spent quite a bit of time moving things from camera view since I have a new camera that shows more of the messy way I live than I like. I can't show my audience my entire messy life, so it is time to clean up. I think it is presentable now, but who knows?? I will be getting a different camera on Wednesday - after my scheduled webinars for this week - so I may be able to change up my entire view after that day. I want to move my desk to a different part of my dining area, but that will include moving the entire desk as well as redoing all of the bookshelves, so I have to wait to do that until after the webinars are finished.

There isn't much happening here on the music therapy front other than webinars. I have been through lots of my computer files from 2017, cleaning things out and figuring out where other files have gone to. I still cannot get my laptop to boot up to get access to the other things that I've done over the years. Here's my word of caution - back things up - as much as you can!

Tonight I am going to talk to music therapy students about common chord progressions that I think all music therapists should know and learn! It will be nice to play the guitar a bit. It's been a while since I've played so I am looking forward to it all.

Time to get set up and to tweak the camera just enough that folks can see me but not the messy coffee table...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA