Song Switch Sunday Post and Monday's Post All Rolled Into One!

Yesterday, I did a little experiment with my new Song Switch Sunday series. I posted the links on Twitter and Facebook and not my blog (that was more a function of how long it took to upload the post than anything else). Here is the video link to the entire thing - 14 minutes of talk about the therapeutic elements of music and a song to share. Please give it a look and consider subscribing to my channel. I hope to be doing this type of video every weekend for a bit of time. I think I will start to film on Saturdays and then upload overnight so I can do other things instead of just sitting in silence watching YouTube take over my entire bandwidth for hours...Blech.

Today is the first day of the work week, and I've been up for an undetermined amount of time. I finally gave in and went to the bathroom just as my alarm light went off, so I've only technically been out of bed the same amount of time as always, but I have been awake much longer. Next week at this time, I will have two days of summer session left before a week off. I am more than ready for more time away from work.

We are trying to figure out what is happening in our school starting in August. The governor closed down all schools until after Labor Day, but we are unsure if that means that we do virtual things (not for my students, of course, but for EVERY OTHER SCHOOL STUDENT AND TEACHER in the state) from the time we were scheduled to start up (mid-August) and just wait to go into the building or if that means that no school activities happen for the entire month of August. I mean, our governor stated that schools were closed in March, but we still did school stuff outside the school building. We have to wait for what our school district will do, and then my school will do their own thing as usual.

We are living in interesting times.

Please, take a bit of time to look at my video. Thanks. "See" you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA