Revising the Routine...Again

Well, I gave it the old college try and attempted to move my blogging to the evenings. What I found was that I was too tired and lazy in the evenings to string together some coherent thoughts, so I am throwing in the towel and am moving blogging back to the mornings. I tried for three weeks to make this part of the new evening routine, but it did not stick, so back to the first way of doing things. I have also remembered that I am more prolific if I am in the habit of writing using themes, so I am coming up with some weekly themes to help me with my blogging motivation.

The themes that I liked the best (over all the years that I've been blogging) have been Teachers Pay Teachers Tuesdays, Thoughtful Thursdays, and something TME related on Sundays - Sing a Song or Strategy Something Sundays. I like having a structure to what I write about for some of my days and then changing it up on the other four days of the week. I seem to be more successful in creating content when I have some structure - go figure!

So, new routine. Mornings will include blogging again. This will mean rearranging the rest of the morning routine and making room for something else in the evenings, but I can do that. I've done it before, and I can do it again. Maybe I will have to fit in some exercise in the times that I had reserved for blogging...that would be good for me.

Other than being an absolute failure at being an evening blogger, my routine seems to be going pretty well. I have worked on various chores in various locations of my house each week. Things are not fully pristine yet, but things are getting better around here. I have spent some time in my craft room, making things that I like. I am taking some time every Sunday to make a card project based on a prompt list provided by some of my non-music therapy group membership. I enjoy playing with paint and paper, so I am doing some of that stuff when I am ready.

Next week, the chore focus is on the kitchen. I will establish several tasks that I can do in the kitchen to make my living space a bit more organized. Those tasks will be the ones that I work on in the mornings (that part of my routine has been valuable to me - and pretty successful as well!). I find that I am more likely to pick up a sponge and some cleanser when I am filling up time in the mornings than when I stumble home after an 11 hour day. Go figure!

One of the things that I am going to do is make up some new graphics for my blog - I am feeling the need for some new pictures to head up my posts, and I have some time before my next meeting, so here I go!!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA