In Search of a Tuesday Theme...

On Sunday, I spent my entire blogging time trying to figure out my new Sunday blog series. I eventually ended up selecting Song Switch Sunday, and I'll be making some videos to go along with this concept. They will be videos made in the early mornings, so don't expect perfection or much editing, but I will try my best to present things in something other than my pajamas (wink).

Here I am, on Tuesday at 4:41 am, trying to figure out what sort of topic I want to put into place on Tuesdays. I thoroughly enjoyed doing Teachers Pay Teachers Tuesdays where I featured TPT creators and told you about their free resources. I have no idea if anyone ever went over to TPT and downloaded these files, but I enjoyed finding them and finding uses for them in my own music therapy life. I also have about 30 files in my own Teachers Pay Teachers store, so I could focus on my own resources for quite a long time, but I feel queasy when I do things like that - my business coach recommends that I get over that feeling of being sleasy when I try to promote my products if I ever want to actually make money through my ideas, but it lingers. So, with your indulgence, I think I will take Tuesdays to feature the things that I am making for the music therapy community - especially things for therapists who work with kids, but also other therapists as well.

Here are the things that I strive to do on my Teachers Pay Teachers store site. First of all, nothing costs more than $7.00 right now. Most of my resources are around $2.00 USD on purpose. They all come with a song or a chant (unless they are forms for downloading, and I guess I could write songs to go with internship orientation lists - hee, hee!). I try to keep your costs down, if you decide that you could use some decorated lyric sheets or some visual aids that represent food stuffs. Once you have paid for the file, you can use it as much as you want to - make one visual or 30 of the same visuals. If you are wondering, I share my full therapeutic music experiences for these visual aids in my sing about mini editions. That costs a bit more, but not very much - I still want music therapists to access the materials without having to come up with lots of money to pay for it, but I also have to navigate the idea that these things are part of my intellectual property, energy, and time - so, I have to charge something for them.

I recently spent some time to make a music therapy schedule board template for folks who want a visual schedule for clients who benefit from visuals. I am going to make a video of how to put this file together (at some point - maybe on Friday when I have most of the day to do stuff). It's not difficult, but I know I benefit from watching someone put things together, so I can take some time to make a video - this one will be a bit more polished (maybe) than the Sunday posts - a bit more time available...

So, I guess I will spend some time talking about the products in my own Teachers Pay Teachers store and just get over the queasiness.

As with everything, I want to have a goal for this set of posts - let's see...

I want to produce visuals for my Teachers Pay Teachers store - one every two weeks - to share with others (music therapists and other folks) at a reasonable cost.

I am currently working on my sing about november mini edition, so I think I will figure out something that goes along with some of the TMEs included in that edition. Maybe something about making Thanksgiving dinner?? I have plenty of visuals to use in that sort of resource, and it could be used with kids and older adults as well. Hmmm...My brain is starting to churn.

Thanks for reading, and I will see you next Tuesday for a featured product in my store!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA