Fine! I'll Take My Business Somewhere Else, Then!

I just got rejected...again...from something that I was hoping would happen this year. Oh well.

After I get over my feelings of rejection and disappointment, I know I will be perfectly fine and dandy, but I have to get over those feelings first. I am feeling "less than" right now, and I don't like those feelings.

On the other side, this means that I will save some money that I would have had to spend if I had been accepted to do what I wanted to do. Now I can stay out of the entire thing without remorse! That's a benefit.

I don't like rejection. I don't know of many people in the world who like it. I think I will no longer offer my services to people who do not value them. There. If it wasn't a requirement, I think I would leave the organization completely - there are too many things happening that I don't like happening right now for my comfort. Unfortunately, I have to be a member of the organization to do what I want to do with my life.

For the moment, though, I feel like storming off into the sunset!

In order to distract myself from...well, myself, here are some of the good things that happened this week...
  • Interns are progressing the way I want them to progress!
  • I figured out that my senior intern has to extend her time with us by 18 days only. She did so much work at non-clinical projects that she does not have to make up the entire three months that she was unable to be at the facility - just 18 days worth!! Hooray!
  • I cleaned and organized the student store at my school yesterday. This is one of my "other duties as assigned," and it was getting really ragged. I managed to organize all the storage. make space for the new things that I have ordered, AND make a map of where everything goes!
  • I spent some time this morning making a mixed media art journal on one of my absolute favorite topics!! (Pictures below.)
  • I have watched episodes 7 and 8 of my favorite movies and am getting ready for episode 9 - kleenexes are at the ready!
  • Tomorrow is another day off - I didn't do anything other than read, play with paper, and get rejected today so I could use another day to actually do something around here.
  • It is almost bedtime!
That's it. That's what is happening right here, right now. I am going to sulk for a bit and then schedule the topics that were rejects as part of my business ventures. There are people out there who want what I have to offer. To heck with these misguided folks!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA