Wednesday Woes

I'm thinking that today is going to be a bit more difficult than the last couple of days. I wasn't able to do my new reading routine last night because I was out later than usual getting my new car and abandoning my old car.

I feel so much guilt about leaving my machines.

It is really silly to feel guilty about leaving a machine that I've had for 7 years as I drive off in a new machine. Isn't it? I blame Pixar for reinforcing the feelings I've had for years - cars have feelings!! (Tongue kind of in cheek here - I'm not totally convinced that they don't!) I'm hoping the next owner of my Pixie-car Two will be gentle with her. She's been through lots of miles with me and deserves a makeover and some rest.

TANGENT! Now to return you to the original topic of this blog post...

I ended up waking up really early this morning with a headache. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked, but that's my reality these days. I will go back to my reading routine this evening to see if it helps me settle into sleep easier. It worked on Sunday and Monday, and I am hoping to see some changes in my sleep patterns as a result of my changes to my evening routine.

My to-do list is growing rapidly. Figure out centers when equipment is broken or batteries are dead. Finish the new incentive program for my middle schoolers. Organize my desk so I can find things easily. Plan for four sessions today. Do some writing and grading. Try to raise the back of my chair in the new car so I can sit comfortably. Order supplies for the student store. Notes - lots of client notes - always client notes. Make an effort to write out TMEs for centers. Pay bills for my surgery a couple of months ago. Keep moving forward. It has been some time since I sat down to create something, so that goes on the list. I need to write to my mother - thank you notes for Christmas and the letters that she likes to get. Marketing the next webinar. Figuring out what to do with CBMT to get the webinars that I like to share preapproved for CMTEs. 

The problem with to-do lists is that they can never end. I know mine never seem to finish completely - I just migrate the tasks and then throw them away. This is why prioritization is such a valuable tool for me. 

My work to-do list will include finishing notes first (that's always first), planning for sessions, reviewing intern assignments, and then finishing the new incentive plan for my middle schoolers. If I get to it, I will organize my desk. 

My home to-do list will include creating something - I'm feeling the urge to do some watercoloring right now...I wonder if I will still feel that way this afternoon - and reading before bed. I will also pay off the most recent surgery bill. 

The rest of the tasks can wait until I am ready. For this moment, I will be starting to take things to my new car - I have a new charging cord for my new phone and I get to pair up devices with my new, fancy Bluetooth system (lots changes in cars in seven years!), and I want to put my shopping bags in the trunk. Oh, Kleenex. I need Kleenex in there as well. Gotta go get some things checked off my list.

Happy Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt