Nothing to Do With Music Therapy - Movie Edition

Yesterday, I made a bit of an impulse purchase. 

I bought an annual movie pass. 

Now, I am the type of person who loves to go to the movies, and I love to go all by myself! I like movie theaters where I am alone in my seat row, and I love it when I am the only person who is in the theater (that happens occasionally), so I rarely go to movies when they are first released. I almost always see them after about a month so that I can sit in my favorite seat (back, middle - under the projector is ideal!). You know the episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon takes about five minutes to find the acoustically perfect place in a movie theater?? That's me, but I know exactly where I want to sit before I even make it to the theater.

My local theater participates in this program, and there are other theaters around the country that will honor my pass, so I'm feeling like going to see movies can become a greater part of my self-care plan!! Before now, going to see movies got to be pretty expensive, pretty quickly! If I go to see two movies per month, my costs for the pass will be covered and then any other movies will be "free-ish." We will see what movies I get to experience this year - I'm starting with Toy Story 4 today.

With this pass, I may do something I rarely do - start going to evening movies!! I could do one every Friday night once I start back to work again. I could also do one every Sunday afternoon after my church job is finished. Oh, the possibilities are endless! I could go, just, whenever!! What a thought!

Movies are one of the things that I absolutely love! I have a wall of movies to watch when I am in the mood. I made a decision to stream entertainment into my life way back when I was in graduate school because I couldn't afford dish or cable, and the only things that I have missed are clever commercials (the first time I see them) and movie commercials. I rarely know what is being shown at my local theater. This will have to change, especially if I am going to go more often. Movies are something that I enjoy, so this pass really spoke to me.

I'm pretty happy with my decision. I think I'll cancel my movie mailing subscription since I can now see things in the theater when they first arrive. There's no reason to pay twice for the same thing!

Oh, movies whenever I want to go! What a concept!! This will be a good thing for me, I can just tell. I will make it so!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA