Song Conversion Sunday: Finishing Up Lullaby and Lopalong

It has been a long week full of illness in my neck of the woods, so you may have noticed (or maybe not, that's okay) that I haven't posted many of the days this week. I am starting to feel better, though, so I thought it would be good to start off this whole feeling better thing with a Song Conversion Sunday post - something to start the week off right.

Here we go...

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been taking a song that I found in one of my songbooks, one that was randomly selected from one of my many shelves of sheet music books, and a song that was chosen by opening up the book to a random page. The page that I selected has a really simple song on it that I really do not like a whole bunch, but that is the song that I have, so that is the song that I'm using. (If you want to read more, check out these posts - Post One and Post Two.) 

It is now time to figure out how to use this song clinically. The music is not complex at all - good for multiple uses. The lyrics aren't really all that applicable to anything other than the original intent of the author - working on //L// production sounds, so unless I get a client who needs to work on articulation, I won't choose to use the lyrics as they are originally composed. The melody is repetitive, so it could be the basis for a repetitive task song for my clients - offering prompts to complete sequential steps to any specific task. Basically, this is a good all-purpose piece of structural music to be used in many different ways with many different clients - in my opinion, anyway.



Okay. That's that for that song. I think I'll skip ahead to the selection process for next week's song...


Bella was "helping."
I picked two books this time because the first book I chose, The Birth of Little Tune, is actually a story that includes a short tune at the end. I'm not sure if I will want to change the music for this particular book as the book and the song go together, but we'll see as I read through it. The second book is my 80's and 90's Rock Paperback Songs and I opened it up to page 149 - Roll to Me by Justin Currie. So, I now have two choices for my next version of this post. Tune in next week to see what I actually do.

I wonder if I could do a mashup between the two songs...hmmm. That may be the lingering aftereffects of my recent illnesses.

Happy Sunday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt