Tried to Synthesize - But, Technology...

Well, I had this wonderful, long post about all of my experiences yesterday - both in music therapy and outside in the world (I got my In-N-Out fix yesterday at lunch) - but then YouTube hung up my Mozilla and I ended up losing it all! As a result, I am not going to try to replicate all that I wrote about for the last 75 minutes, but here's what is going on.

I went to lots of good presentations yesterday. I attended presentations on marketing within a private practice, cultural humility, and solution-focused lyric analysis. I ditched the keynote presentation and the business meeting for an expensive turn around the exhibit hall where I purchased things that I need for my clinic (I now have a capo for the music therapy clinic - you are welcome, #24 and #25). I also bought some stuff that I really don't need but that I wanted - children's books, a tuning fork, some textured eggs, lots of stuff! I still have more money, so I am going back this afternoon.

Today, I will spend some time in learning about data collection for music therapy program growth, discussions about ethical marketing, creativity in music therapy, and some business meetings. I am going to have a consultation with a music therapist that I really like - Julie Palmieri from Serenade Designs - to talk about making my business more like a business! I will also try my best to get out of my comfort zone and go to the regional meeting, the AMTA business meeting (I like the second one better - less ovation and more business than the first). I want to go to the Music Therapy Business Owners Meet-Up (I have things to share this year - last year I just sat and felt sorry for myself). If I have the energy, I'll also go to the Art Room (I am looking forward to that experience - SO much better for an introvert than Chant Circles or Jam Rooms or (shudder) the Cabaret!

I still have two copies of sing about winter and LOTS of coupons to give away, so please find me for your copy! It occurs to me that many of you may not know what I look like, so here's a picture of me. (My hair is longer now, but otherwise, I look the same!)
See you around!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA