Today is the culmination of months of planning - The Luau at the Zoo. We made it through this super-secret planning time with only three students asking questions. One made a statement that the luau was today. I am really looking forward to next year when the super-secret special event (S-SSE) will NOT be a luau. Then, when students say things like, "The luau is tomorrow," I will be able to honestly say, "Nope. There is no luau tomorrow." It won't take our day students long before they figure us all out and change their terminology, but we'll have them snockered for a year or two.

We have two bouncy things. One is an alligator where students will enter through the mouth and exit out of the tail (I find that really funny, for some reason). The other has a couple of slides, a secret pathway, and two basketball-type goals. I don't envy the person who has to be in that thing to provide supervision. (I cannot tolerate constant movement without getting sick when the movement is over.) The kids will love them. They always do. My favorite of all time is the bungee thing that we had. The kids strapped into a bungee harness, took off running as fast as they could and then were pulled back to the starting point by the bungee. The expressions on their faces were amazing as the forces of physics took over.

My job is the gift bag table. I will be busy in the morning, but then will be moving from station to station in the afternoon. We go from 9am to 2:45pm without much of a break, but we have lots of volunteers coming to help out, so those of us who will be there all day will have some support. 

I slept very soundly last night, but not well. I am getting sick...again...and I can't seem to figure out how to avoid it. I did make very good self-care choices yesterday - lots of water and a salad rather than just eating Cheetos like I did the day before. Today will be a bit more challenging, but I will get my large music therapy tumbler and take it with me to the S-SSE. There will be fresh fruits and vegetables for snacking (I know because I bought all of them), so there will be some healthy choices available to eat throughout the day.

Tomorrow at this time, all of this will be over. It will be time to relax. I may or may not blog tomorrow. I am looking forward to moving onto my next tasks - the annual talent show and graduation. Lots to do this month.

Take care of your selves and your self this month. It's important. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA