In a Rut in 2017 - Already

I've been struggling with blog post timings lately. I also feel like most of what I'm writing is not really all that interesting, so I've started posts that have never made it to the light of day (or the computer screen). I've had some late mornings, so blogging went by the wayside as I tried to get to work before the ice started or to finish coordinating my new music therapy room.

I feel like I'm out of the loop when it comes to what is happening in the greater music therapy world. I have no idea what is happening in the area of state authorizations or education regulations or anything else. I feel like my music therapy world has shrunk to my little corner of the globe, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

I still feel like I am in a rut when it comes to writing about music therapy. It's time to break out of that rut and find smooth ground again.

You lucky readers, you! You get to go through my stream of consciousness right now as I try to figure out what to try next. I really don't blame you if you close the window right now and leave this blog. It may not make much sense until I can really figure out what comes next...

Here goes...

I have many different interests when it comes to music therapy. I like talking to other therapists. I love writing songs and making things to supplement the songs that I write. I love being around music therapy students and interns and watching them grow into music therapists. I enjoy learning but also need structure in order to participate in that learning. I have lots of experience with music therapy and persons with developmental disabilities and psychiatric diagnoses. I feel like I am someone who identifies strongly with the humanists when it comes to philosophy, but I see the value in behaviorism and sensory integration as well. I enjoy debating music therapy ideas with others who disagree with me. I want to make some more money with my ideas, so I need to develop my business a bit more. I think it's time to finally finish the CBMT application and get started with the whole CMTE thing that I've been playing around with for the last 21 years. I will keep on going, doing music therapy with my clients day in and day out, as long as it keeps on being something that has value in my life and in the lives of my clients...

Whew.

I'm not out of my rut yet, but I do have some direction of where to go.

If you've managed to make it through this entire post, and you have some ideas, please let me know what you like to read about on music therapy blogs. I'd love to know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA