I'm Procrastinating...Cue the Timer

I have lots to do this weekend. So, what have I done already? Absolutely nothing. I took yesterday completely off from responsibility and productivity. Today, that has to change.

The tasks that I have to do include dishes (always), laundry (always), and cleaning (always). I need to clean bathrooms. I've made progress on the bedrooms, the kitchen, and the front room (until I got distracted by projects and happily spent some time puttering with laminating sheets and file folders). Things were a bit complicated by some surprise maintenance work this week, but I'm determined to get back on track.

My best and most valuable tool in this journey is my timer. I use Google Timer and set it for 30 minutes. Then, I start working. I spend 30 minutes on bathroom cleaning and then 30 minutes on something else. The next 30 minutes on cleaning and so forth. (I am currently 18 minutes into my 30 minute time frame here.) This allows me to focus on a task and accomplish quite a bit during my morning hours when I am most energetic.

I will be watching television shows while I am doing these tasks - Psych is my current show of choice. I've watched this show enough times that I don't have to watch every second of the show to know what is going on. That makes it a perfect 30/30 show.

If I was able to work more productively with music on, my playlist would include the following songs (chosen because I know them really well and they make me feel happy, even when I have to clean toilets...):
  1. The World Ain't Slowing Down - Ellis Paul
  2. Love Potion No. 9 - The Clovers
  3. Rodeo - Hoe-Down - Aaron Copland
  4. If I Had $1000000 - Barenaked Ladies
  5. Wild Montana Skies - John Denver
  6. California Girls - Beach Boys
  7. Objection (Tango) - Shakira
Ooh, I have an idea for a new Saturday post series - 7 Song Saturdays! I wonder if I could make something like that interesting...hmmm. I'll have to ponder that for a bit.

My "fun" time is almost up, so I'll sign off now. Have a wonderful Saturday where you are, doing what you do on Saturdays. It's time to move to another task - I think I'll go to the craft explosion that happened yesterday when I got distracted and start there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA