Introducing Music Therapy Works on Facebook

I have a secret - it's a business page on Facebook.

I am the first to admit that I know very little about running a business, but I am constantly learning about it. I go into business-type things hesitantly and often learn from my mistakes... my many mistakes. I've started to increase my business presence in this music therapy world. I have a business page on Facebook - here it is

Navigating the world of social media is something that I don't feel that I can do effectively yet. I am starting to use Twitter to communicate and now I am plunging into the Facebook pool. I am a semi-serious Pinterest pinner, but I reserve my pinning for things that are really important to me and only have five boards. I am working on growing a brand.

I have a logo. I have a mission statement. I have an idea. I just take my own sweet time in getting there.

I envy those who have a great online presence as part of their music therapy lives. I constantly feel that I am catching up with others, but that's part of who I am and how I move into different roles as a therapist. I move into business-type things thinking that I don't really know what I'm doing, but I then start to learn what to do.

I firmly believe that every music therapy student should have to take and pass at least three business classes during their education. I know that educators are sitting here, thinking "Where in the world could we put MORE classes into our already jampacked curriculum?" but the way that music therapy seems to be going is into private practice and contracting. Business courses might help out lots of new therapists in getting practices off the ground and succeed.

2016 is going to be the year that I expand my brand, business, and online presence. I'm starting by letting people know that I have a business page on Facebook. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/musictherapyworkscom/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Hope to "see" you there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA