Other Duties As Assigned

There is a phrase in my job description that gives me fits. It is the last thing on the description and states, "other duties as assigned." It is this phrase that has led me to be a presenter for PBIS last week and is leading me into teacher interviews this week. Teacher interviews are not arranged around my schedule, so I am having to figure out what to do with three groups today (my only groups today - I actually get some planning time today for the first time in four weeks) without me. (It would have been nice to have the planning time BEFORE having to go into interviews, but this isn't a perfect world!)

As I have aged (and aged and aged), I have realized that I need to know what the other duties could be before I commit to something. I also have to contemplate taking anything on that is more than I can handle at any given time. This is difficult for me to do. I want to be superwoman and do it all, but I have learned that I cannot do it all.

My vision board (started on Saturday) indicated to me that I have goals for my own business as well as goals for internships affiliated with AMTA. Those seem to be the areas where I am heading at this moment. It was easy to fill out those places on my vision board, but other aspects of my life were not as easy to fill out. Maybe it's time to prune some things out of my life.

Time to look at my time, the type of time that each task takes up in my life, the level of interest and commitment required by everything, and see if there is anything else I want to do with my life. Right now, there are lots of things that I have to work at and not much that I get to play at - that's one thing to change. I want to play a bit more. The vision board I created on Saturday isn't complete. It's my work vision board, but I haven't put too much of the personal into it yet. Interesting.

Synthesis time - There isn't much going on in the personal side of things in my existence right now. I didn't even think about that part of my life when I sat down to create a vision board. Time to think about why that occurred and how to change the situation. Hmmm.

Anyway, I am going to work to participate in some interviews, make up sub plans for the groups that I'll be missing, and think about what I want on a personal level for my vision of myself.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA