Saying Goodbye - A Completely Different Meaning Today

My post yesterday concerned a song that I enjoy from the Muppets, Saying Goodbye. Today, I am thinking about that song in a completely different context from yesterday's theme of saying goodbye to an intern. I cannot get into many details, but I found out yesterday that one of my clients is in the hospital in a medically-induced coma. The reality is that this client may not survive the illness taking over. The song is now meaningful on a completely different level.

I still like the last verse the best but the bridge has significant meaning to me right now as well.

Saying goodbye, going away
Seems like goodbye's such a hard thing to say.
Touching a hand, wondering why
It's time for saying goodbye.
 

Saying goodbye, why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we've had.
Much more to say, foolish to try
It's time for saying goodbye.
 

Don't want to leave, but we both know
Sometimes it's better to go.
 

Somehow I know we'll meet again
Not sure quite where, and I don't know just when.
You're in my heart, so until then
Wanna smile, wanna cry
Saying goodbye
 

La la la la la la la la
It's time for saying goodbye.


Jeff Moss wrote this song. His music often makes an impact on me that other composers don't even approach. For me, these words are definitely resonating on a new level as we are unsure what will happen in the next several days.

Would you please send out positive thoughts, or prayers, or other intentions for this client and the family members involved? I am a firm believer in the idea that thoughts affect the physical world - I've seen mere collective thoughts alter the world in ways that nobody could predict or explain.

We need some positive thoughts these days.
 
 

Comments

  1. Definitely posting for your student and those that love the student!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA