Happy New School Year!

It is the first day of school for my students, so it's time to get started for the school year. I was one of those kids who loved school and waited impatiently for the three days before school so we could find out which teacher would be ours for the year. I loved shopping for school supplies - nothing fancy, but NEW! I enjoyed getting dressed up in brand new clothes and shoes for the first day, and I loved the start of the school year. That's probably why I am a school music therapist. I still love this time of year.

Currently, we have instability leaking out of nook and cranny at the school where I work. We were told that we would be moving. We were told that we could move everything into the new building. Then we did. Then we were told we could only move light things into the cabinets in the new rooms. Then we were told that we weren't going to move after all, and we were going back to the old buildings we were in before we started to move...but just for a couple of days - two weeks at the most. We'll see.

There is a joy in starting something new, and the beginning of the school year provides me with that joy each and every time. Now, this year, I didn't have to buy school supplies - I have all the school supplies that I will EVER need - but I roamed the aisles at my local stores looking at the notebooks, pens, pencil boxes, and lunch boxes available for sale.

I'll be making some New Year's Resolutions today. It's time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA