Digging Out Around the Roots - Creativity Continues

So, continuing with the creativity cultivation theme...

Today's post is all about avoiding becoming rootbound.
Adj.1.rootbound - (of a potted plant) grown too large for its container resulting in matting or tangling of the roots
planted - set in the soil for growth

2.rootbound - having the roots matted or densely tangled; "shaggy untended lawns of old trees and rootbound scented flowers and shrubs"- William Faulkner
tangled - in a confused mass; "pushed back her tangled hair"; "the tangled ropes"
SOURCE: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rootbound

When plants are rootbound, they take over the place where they are and start to tangle up in themselves. Are you ever like that? I know I am. It is easier to sit around and stay exactly where I am than it is to stretch myself out and explore new spaces.

I have a feeling that I'm currently rootbound.

When my Mom's plants start to get this way, she finds them a bigger pot and repots them. She puts them into new soil and gives them more space to grow. When my clients start to get this way, I try to expand their horizons. Why is it that it is more difficult to do this for myself?

It is time to stretch my roots out into new soil and new space.

How to do that?

Who knows? Maybe I need to think about a new job. Maybe I need to spend some time away from the weeds that seem to be popping up all around me. Maybe I need to focus on my TMEs and my client interactions. Maybe I just plain old need to go away for a while. Who knows?

I'll figure it out. It just plain old is time to stretch myself in ways I've never conceived before.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA