Carrot Cake

This post has eluded me for quite some time. I have been sitting here, in my hotel room, before attending the ETAB Town Hall meeting at the Midwestern Regional Conference tomorrow morning, attempting to write something cogent and appropriate for a blog about music therapy. It hasn't happened yet, but I keep trying.

Tonight I went to a restaurant by myself and ate dinner. I always feel awkward sitting alone in a restaurant but often find myself in that situation when I am traveling. Anyway, I opted to get dinner in the Beefstro (seriously, that is what it is called) rather than getting room service. I ordered Chicken Parmesan and carrot cake to go. The carrot cake was complimentary since I am such an important member of the hotel rewards program! I brought the carrot cake back to my room where it is sitting on the other bed. I am anticipating that it will taste good in a little bit.

The anticipation of something is often more intriguing than the actual event.

As I am thinking about carrot cake, town hall meetings, driving through three states, and getting to sleep at some point, I continue to try to figure out a music therapy angle for all of this. 

How about this?

Nope. That didn't work.

Time to hit the carrot cake. There is definitely a song in there somewhere...

Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA