Big, Audacious, Hairy Changes

Change is difficult.

There are currently so many changes going on in my life that my head keeps spinning. I am sure that some of you have the same types of things going on in your lives. Changing ideas, paradigms, and "the way we do this" is often threatening when it is personal.


Change is something that must occur. If organisms do not change to accommodate their environment, they do not survive. This is not easier when I am the organism, but I have learned that adaptation is essential.

Change requires a completely new perspective. It is important to let go of the old ways and thoughts to be able to be a visionary. Sure, things may be fine as the status quo, but there are times when you have to go back to the beginning and start completely over. This is when the big, audacious, hairy changes start to occur.

(FYI: I love the phrase "big, audacious, hairy changes" - it was first introduced to me by Bishop Scott Jones of the Kansas East Conference of the United Methodist Church.)

Often, change is threatening. It is hard to leave the familiar and set sail for new horizons. How can I abandon what I know so well? What if the new situation is worse than what I know? What if...?

Sometimes we have to take a leap...a big leap into unknown territory. The thing is, we have to make a decision about making that leap.

I have decided to embrace change as it comes to me. I will take those leaps. I will boldly go into the horizon to see what happens.




 See you on the other side...




P.S. Isn't it interesting when the change comes in the form of NOT making changes??
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA