A Regular Week?? What's That?

Today is Monday and I am going to work. Not all that unusual, but after last week, somewhat comforting. I don't know about you, but I like my routine, and I miss it when it is interrupted for whatever reason. Last week was full of interruptions, so I am hoping for some routine this week.

I didn't accomplish one of my routine tasks this week - setting up my bullet journal for the upcoming week on Saturday. Here it is, early on Monday morning, and I haven't set up my weekly calendar. Time to get that done so I can keep track of the things happening - The Online Conference for Music Therapy (starts on Friday evening for me), meetings, scheduled emails, etc. This is my home journal, so I don't record much that goes on at work in this little book. I have a work journal that is where my work stuff goes - one way of separating work from home life, I guess.



I did make something for work this past weekend. I've wanted a cover for my work planner for quite some time now, and I finally accomplished that! I made it out of two legal sized hanging file folders, lots of glue, some scrapbooking paper, some elastic, and some charms. It has some pockets and a couple of flaps just for strength and aesthetic purposes. I can change the book out and reuse the cover. We will see how long it holds up to daily use and regular wear and tear. It was fun to figure out and to make.

I enjoy these types of projects and am having fun putting together things during my "stay at home" requirements that I've set on myself for my current campaign of remaining at my house until I have to leave. I've made a whole bunch of paper things, and I'm putting the final touches on my happy mail package for my recent nominee. I'd like to get that finished and out to the world by the end of this week, but it will probably take a bit more time than that...and that's okay!
 
My newest intern starts leading parts of sessions this week. I am getting ready to transition out of my role as only therapist for some of these students while getting ready to start transitioning back in to therapist role for other clients as my senior intern has six weeks left of her internship. I am trying to come up with a set work journaling format that I like, but I am struggling to find something that is super functional for me. I've finally found such a format for my home journal, but I'm less convinced that the one that I'm using at work right now is the best one for me. I'll keep trying until something really clicks. That's what happened with my home journal. I just kept trying until I found what I need to do to keep myself on track. At some point, I may make my own bullet journals, but for now, the planning books that I get from Lakeshore are good enough as I try to figure out what I want in a work journal.

Anyway, I am going to head into a "regular" week at work - Monday through Friday. Last week had a day off and a snow day, so things were anything but regular. There is always the possibility of inclement weather happening at any time, but it should be a five day work week with all of the scheduled sessions happening when they are supposed to happen. I have nothing written down for session strategies at this point. I have very little in the way of plans. I will have a strategy when I start sessions (at least, I desperately hope I will!), and we will head into the world of music therapy interaction together to see what happens.

So, bring on the cold polar vortices, the ice, the rain, the snow. We will continue to sing and play instruments and dance and make noise and enjoy silence in my corner of the facility and the world!

It's a regular week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA