All of the Dominoes are Going to Fall

Do you ever have times in your lives when there are so many things going on that you can't seem to get on top of all of the things that you need to do in order to remain up-to-date?

There are so many things going on right now that I really shouldn't be surprised that I'm not able to find my creative impulses right now. Every time I sit down to compose something or draw something or think about something, everything else in my life starts to intervene.

Domino One: illness...
Domino Two: school renovation...
Domino Three: surgery...
Domino Four: new intern...
Domino Five: intern applications...
Domino Six: work...
Domino Seven: medications...

My problem is that I want all of my dominoes to be set perfectly and ready to be pushed when I want to push them. Blech. If you have ever seen a domino display, you know that one small misstep, one small jiggle, or a simple klutzy move can start the entire process of falling. That's kinda how I'm feeling right now.

I am wondering if I've seen every eventuality, - in my rational brain, I know that I haven't, but I am not always rational when it comes to medical stuff - and I hope that I have a plan for all of those eventualities. Every time I start to make plans, I add more things to my list of things to "fix" and plan. This will never end!

So, long story short, I am trying very hard to control things that are not under my control. It is time to let go.

The dominoes will fall. That is an inevitable fact - all of the things that are challenging me right now will occur and will happen as they are meant to happen - with or without my intervention and interference.


Just in case you want to see the world's longest domino line, here is a link to YouTube - it's somewhat hypnotizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDy2xWpZWVc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA