Snow Day #2 - I Have To Do SOMETHING!

It is official. Today is a second snow day. I am stuck at home because the snow is still very high at my house, and my street does not get plowed. I am not sure if I will get out by tomorrow, if we have a regular day. My car has a low profile, so it is difficult to get out of the garage and street if the snow is this high. I do not want to end up blocking the street with my little car. I've done that before, but in a bigger street area. If I block things on the street that I am on now, I will block off at least three neighbors and keep them from getting where they need to go. I can't do that, so I might have to take personal time this week until the snow is melted down enough.

Today is a dually challenging day for my family. My father died on this date four years ago, and my mother has a birthday today. We have grief and celebration on our minds today. I tend to focus more on Dad on January 6th so I can focus on Mom on the 7th, but it can be difficult at times.

It is easier when I am at work to go through this day. I am alone today, so that means that I have little distraction from my grief and my joy on this day.

Snow day #2 is not starting off in a good manner. I need to figure out a plan. I did manage to scrape snow off most of my sidewalk including a pathway to my snow-covered street to my front door. I am waiting for deliveries today, tomorrow, and whenever they arrive. I want delivery people to be able to access my front door without any difficulty on their end. There is one patch of ice that I need to treat today. I am also going to test the snow to see if I will be able to shift enough of it to get out of the garage. That will inform whether I can get to work tomorrow.

I have plenty of things to do around here, but not much motivation to do anything but read library books. I have decided that I will not do an exhibit for the regional conference this March. I do not have the products ready, and I doubt that I will get them finished in the time that I have left. So, that quest will have to be abandoned. I think I will focus a bit differently through a similar quest focus.

Not feeling great about that, but I also have to be realistic about what I will and will not be able to get finished. My imposter syndrome is taking over my brain right now - part of the difficulty of having to be alone when I haven't planned on being alone. I need to figure out my afternoon routine to include my quests. The other thing that I need to do today is make lunches for the rest of the week. I am trying to change how I eat because my body is having some challenges with digestion. I am trying smaller meals on a more frequent schedule. So, I have to do some meal prepping for continuous snacks while at work. That will take up about 15 minutes.

Sorry for the scatteredness going on. I hope that you weren't looking forward to a Thrifty Therapist post today, but, if you were, rest assured that those posts will be back soon!

See you tomorrow??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt