Excuse Me As I FanGirl a Bit...

Okay. I am a bit overwhelmed right now and trying very hard to keep myself contained, but I am a bit excited and humbled and just plain old scared that I am not worthy of all sorts of things right now.

What has me in such a tizzy??

My favorite blogger in the world just followed me on Twitter!

SQUEEEEEE! (See, here's where the fangirling starts and won't stop for a long time to come, I am afraid!)

My favorite blogger is a woman named Jenny Lawson who is The Bloggess. Not only is she a wonderful blogger, she is also an artist, author, and small business owner, and she now follows ME on twitter! I admire her for so many reasons, and she decided to follow me! Of course, she follows over 49 thousand twitter accounts, but I may show up on her enormous feed every once in a while! That's pretty awesome!

If you haven't heard of Jenny Lawson, may I introduce her?

She owns Nowhere Bookshop in San Antonio, Texas (a place on my bucket list to visit just because I like her SO much!), but she does much more than that - she writes about being a person with health concerns and mental health concerns in a way that is completely honest and yet finds humor in situations that often are very difficult. I first found Jenny through her blog, but I have bought her books, I've ordered from her bookstore, and I have the store t-shirt since first reading her writing. She is finishing a new book that I will be ordering as soon as I can (from the bookstore, of course! The shipping is worth it!).

Seeing that notification on my Twitter account yesterday just made my day.

I wonder if she knows how much she has inspired me to talk more honestly about the ups and downs of my own health issues? I hope she does. I hope that she knows how much she means to the 462.8 thousand followers that she has out there in the world!

All I know is that now I am feeling a bit of anxiety about posting things on my Twitter feed!

Take some advice from Jenny and do what you need to do, even if it means sitting under a table for some time, until you are ready to do what has to be done!

Thank you, Jenny! You will never know how much that simple click on your feed did for me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA