Trying to Find My Files...and Other Problems??

On Wednesday evening, as I was getting ready to do a meeting with two friends of mine from way, WAY back, my computer died. It...just...stopped. Now, in the long run, this is NOT any sort of emergency for me, but I have lots that I have to do in the next two days to meet my deadlines, so I hopped onto the internet with another one of my devices and ordered a new computer for two day delivery (it was free!) so I could get things done!

So, yesterday was delivery day, so I took out the various components and assembled the entire thing. Then, I took on the task of trying to find my files. I thought I had backed things up recently, but I cannot find anything past about 2017. Ugh.

So, my new computer is currently copying things from the cloud onto the hard drive, and I am replicating things that I need to replicate to be organized for the things I need to do in the next two days.

(I started this post early this morning and then remembered that I'm trying to establish an evening post routine, so here goes...)

I have finished my subscription release that is due tomorrow - it is ready to send out to all subscribers, so check that off the list! I am NOT ready for the student or intern webinars for this week, but I will be by the time they have to happen. I am just like everyone else these days - one thing at a time because trying to multitask seems counteractive - as soon as I try, something comes up to interrupt me. So, one thing at a time.

At the moment, I am sitting in my pjs in the approaching dusk writing whatever occurs to me. So far, this has been a quiet fourth of July - only one short set of firecrackers set off around here. I am sure that will change as the night comes on. My cat and I will cower under the covers, praying that we will be able to sleep through most of what goes on this evening. Neither of us likes firecrackers AT ALL!

As for music therapy things this week, I finished up about four TMEs that have been sitting in my "Ideas for Development" folder for a long time. They are now complete and in the appropriate place in my database which has been uploaded to the cloud for posterity. I wrote another one this morning for sing about october which is coming to an email box near you (if you have subscribed!). Think of it - resources sent to your inbox every month!!

That's it from this place, in this time. Happy Fourth, everyone!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA