Moving the Post-Its

I spent some time yesterday accomplishing some of the goals that were on my September-October 30 day goal list. They were finished two days after that deadline which is REALLY great for me - I usually just let those deadlines whoosh by me. This is one that I am trying to take very seriously. I started the submission process for one of the courses that I've developed, and I decided to wait until closer to the new year to submit the other one. This is due to the approval process which lasts 365 days. So, I have finished the information and now am waiting to submit at a time that will benefit myself and others most. I feel good about all of this.

I am almost ready to move my post-it flags from the top of the page to the next page - the one reserved for finished tasks. The next set of post-it notes will move to the top of the page so I can see them. Simple little system, but it works for me!

I have also set my next 90 day goals into my planner and my thought process. I feel really silly when "duh" moments happen to me, and this was one of them. A 30-60-90 day process doesn't stop when the 90 days are over - you can continue them! Do a NEW 30-60-90 day goal setting process. I feel silly about all of this not being obvious to me, but it is now, so I'll sally forth with a bit of shame and more confidence than before!

My current challenge is to keep up the forward momentum. I tend not to do things consistently, so that is part of my procrastination issue. I get to a deadline and have lots of things to do - things that can be finished without tons of attention, but things that take time and effort to accomplish. I tend to use my high energy times to finish things up. Maybe some more dedicated deadlines and timelines will help me out. Maybe not. This is what I am currently exploring - ways to get things done without the last minute, "I'm past my deadline" panicky feelings of failure and self-criticism.

For now, I am going to move those post-its with a bit of ceremony. I think I will squeal a bit or just take some mindful moments to appreciate that I accomplished my goals for the month. Then it will be time to move forward on the next set of goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA