I See the Moon, the Moon Sees Me

It is just now 4 am, and I've been awake for about an hour and a half now. I've finished all of my morning electronic chores, and now I am sitting down to start blogging and get ready for my work day. Last week at this time, I had a variant of the flu and just gave up when it came to trying to get things together. This week, I'm not feeling really peppy, but I am better than I was. I started the chill, headache, fatigue cycle again yesterday morning. I am hoping that this doesn't morph into more flu stuff. I don't have the time.

Today is the blue, eclipse, full moon. It's starting here pretty quickly. We won't be able to see the entire eclipse, but all these things happening at the same time is pretty interesting. It will be interesting to see if anything happens at work that is out of the ordinary.

When I was a baby, my mother used lullabies to soothe me to sleep. She did this with all three of us, and we all had different lullabies that worked. My lullabies did not fit my sister, and my sister's lullabies did not fit my brother. We all had different needs, personalities, and lullabies.

My lullabies were all moon lullabies.

My mother sang all sorts of moon songs to me - Wee Baby Moon, I See the Moon, Baby's Boat, you name it. I responded to the moon songs. My sister's songs were more about sailing and journeys. My brother responded to neither of those things. His songs were more about sleep and calm than about a topic (as far as I can remember - Mom probably had more specific songs for him).

Today is a day that calls out for a moon song. There are so many that I could probably start a list and never really finish it. There are songs that celebrate the moon, songs that blame the moon for things, so many songs.

As we go into this full moon day, see if you can catch a glimpse of the moon in its glory. Think of your favorite moon song, and sing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA