TME Tuesday - Elimination - Old School Version!


My Therapeutic Music Experience (TME) file started in 1989 with an assignment. We had to write down 25 things to do with people in music therapy sessions. I started my file with 4X6 cards. [Now, before you spend lots of time guffawing about my cards, please remember that this was before the days of laptops, apps, and iPads - WAAAY BEFORE!] We had to use cards, but we could choose the size that we wanted. I decided that 4X6 was the perfect size for me, and off I went! 

As I went off to my internship, I was grateful for the beginnings of my TME file. I had to add to it and already had started to write down everything I used in my practica and just kept on adding to it.

So, for this week's TME Tuesday, I went back into my card file and found one of the best TMEs I have ever written for my kids. This song has endured even when I have tried to kill it because it gets caught in my head and goes on and on and on and on...
 


As you can see, this was written back in the day when I wasn't quite so emphatic about the therapeutic uses of music and how we use our medium. There is also no rhythmic notation. I wonder if I have that notation somewhere... I don't have a way to record this song right now, but I will try to figure that out. Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA