Thoughtful Thursday: 12-hour Workdays

For some reason, my administrators think that it is a good idea to schedule LOTS of 12-hour days for inservice time. Those days are always Wednesdays - I have a church job that currently has to happen on Wednesdays, so I have to skip out on the inservice training and make up that time at other times. This is one of the days that I have to make up time. As a result, I will be leaving shortly to get to work so I can have an early return to my home. I am more effective in the morning than I am in the evening - unlike many of my administrators, I think!

This post is going to be a short one.

I find that, when faced with a very long day at work, I often struggle with time management. For some reason, I don't do well when I have long stretches of time and have to work all day with kids first. I tend to sit in a stupor when I have to be at work more than my usual 9 hours. 

So, I will set myself some goals to accomplish.

I have seven weeks for summer sessions to plan. I need to find a couple of Musicians of the Month. I want to use my session themes and my boxes in order to arrange our therapeutic interventions a bit. I also have a new intern to plan for - she starts on June 4th. There is plenty to do, but my brain just seems to shut down after 2:30pm, for some reason. I need to change that today so I can get work done. 

I also have to remember to take my medications around 4pm.

I will also be figuring out tomorrow's talent show music and order and everything. Most of that work has to be done here at my home rather than at work, so I should be able to get some credit for working on that task here. We shall see.

Time to take my shower and get ready for the rest of this very long day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA