Changing My Evening Routine

One of my goals this year is to get more sleep at regular adult-type sleeping hours. I tend to go to sleep really early and then wake up after 6-7 hours - also very early. I then try to go back to sleep (which I cannot do), and I get stressed out about not being able to sleep the way I want to sleep. It's a never-ending cycle, and I want to shift it a bit. As a result, I am going to try to establish a new evening routine.

I spent the icy afternoon yesterday going through my Kindle and writing down all the business books, self-improvement books, and literary classics that I have downloaded. I don't use this device as much as I could for my reading, so I am going to place Kindle use into my evening routine. I am going to turn off the television and pick up the Kindle. Thirty minutes of business book reading, then 30 minutes of self-improvement/classics reading, then 30 minutes of real book reading. My first goal is to decrease the number of nights that I go to sleep with the television on. My other goal is to get through some of the resources that I have stored in digital form. 

This morning, I woke up before my alarm (not unusual) but not as much as I did last Monday morning. I hope that I will get better sleep with less restlessness with this change in routine.

Only time, the routine, and my commitment will tell if this does what it needs to do for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA