Projects, Projects Everywhere, Means I've Had Too Much Time to Think

It is happening again.

My home and office at work are starting to fill up with projects in progress. Does anyone else succumb to this particular syndrome? I've looked around at what is waiting to be done, and I've decided that this will be the week I paint all of my reused small pizza boxes so they will be ready for decoration and use! I foresee boxes in a rainbow of colors, coordinated so I can easily find the materials I am looking for! I'm not sure what the reality will be, but I will have some fun during the process of figuring it all out!

This tends to happen to me during times of stress. My creative brain starts to go into hyperdrive, and the small pieces of post-it notes and index cards and printed pages that need to be mounted on cardstock start to accumulate. I usually engage in lamination in large batches, so I'll work on several projects, putting all the pieces in the laminating film until all the pieces are covered. Then, I mass laminate - that sounds kinda hinky - and then start the process of cutting everything out and assembling all the finished projects at once.

I currently have three sets of true/false cards to cover with plastic, some foam dice to personalize with music therapy and emotion indications, the aforementioned pizza boxes, and a music lapbook that I downloaded off of Teachers Pay Teachers a bit ago. I haven't been able to bring myself to finish it because the author/creator misspelled Treble as trebble, and it is REALLY bothering me. I will make some new labels to fix that particular foible, and then I'll be good to go (I think - there is always a chance that I will know what is under that sticker and still not like the set, but at some point, it will be useful). Perhaps I will finish some of my other project stacks while I am waiting for paint and Mod Podge to dry on the boxes.

Creation is one of my primary self-care practices. I love taking some time to sit and create...something. I love making small books, using paper to make therapeutic visual aids, and reusing things to make new things. I also love it when people remark on the visuals that I make, not knowing that I am the creator. That's just plain old fun!

Today is my planning and preparation day, but it will be mostly filled with meetings and supervision sessions rather than time to work on projects. I will bring my project stack from work to my home. Fortunately, I will get to leave early, so I can have some daylight hours to work on my current crop of projects. I just need to gather them all up and then get started! I am hoping that my tomorrow is filled with creative expression and lots of finished projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA