It's Really Not All That Hard...

I am currently trying to catch up on my 30-day goals set 30 days ago. I have not accomplished what I wanted to do, but I am making progress. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I am making progress rather than that I have not made as much progress as I would like. It's a difficult mind shift for me, but I am working on it!

I am also going to set up some new 90 day goals. One of the most valuable things that I realized with this first process is that there is cause to keep the pattern going. No one has ever said that to me before, but it makes sense to me to add onto my 30-60-90 day goal process turning my current 60 day goals into my new 30 day goals and moving everything else up by the 30 days that I've already spent. That leaves room to put in some new 90 day goals.

(Wow, that was a long sentence that wasn't really necessary, was it??)

Anyway, I now have some time to work on my next set of goals. I will get the goals that I have not finished yet done by the end of this weekend because they are really not difficult, they just have to be done. The first one, a new version of my newsletter, was accomplished last week, so I have some of this all finished up - just not as much as I wanted to do by this time. I did do something else that wasn't on my list, so I'm counting it!!

It still counts if I get it finished on the 31st and 32nd days, right?? (Tongue firmly in cheek here!)

So, I will sit down with my bullet journal (c'mon, you had to know I was going there) and spend some time reflecting on the past 30 days and getting ready for the next 90 days. I will also check in with my accountability group on Facebook, and I will get going on my next 30 days.

Whenever I spend time making goals and then trying to accomplish them, I am reminded of the process that I put my clients through - I need a me to push me into getting to my goals. It's time to start being me for me. (Another sentence that may not really be all that necessary...) I have to take that role of therapist to push me towards my individual goals. It is time.

I'll see you in 29 days with an update on how I'm doing on my current set of professional goals!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA