My Reading List

I am starting to feel twinges of guilt that I am only reading things for pleasure at the moment, so I am getting ready to get my professional reading habit started up again. I have many books on my Kindle that are waiting for me to access them, and here are some of the titles that I am going to put on my radar for those moments when I need something to occupy my brain (other than jigsaw puzzles...).

There is always a bit of time in my work day where I just cannot think about the things that I usually have to think about. (How's that for a confusing statement??) There are some things that I won't do at work - for example, I won't connect my personal devices to the wi-fi network at work or read my pleasure reading list while I'm on the clock. So, I look for professional topic texts for my work reading - something that will enrich my way of being a music therapist.

I'm also kinda picky about paying for books, so my Kindle list is often dictated by how much money I can spend in a month. At this point, here is the list of books that I am going to tackle in the next several months. I'm interested if there are others that you may recommend...

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: How to Free Yourself From Your Inner Monologue and Eliminate Negative Self Forever by Stuart Killan.

Self-Exploration and Journal Prompts: Why Writing a Diary Increases Self-Esteem, Self-Efficacy, and Leads Us to Achieve Goal and Personal Realization by John Lead and Hannah Bullet. 

Free Guitar Lesson Pack: Starter Bundle (Book+Online Bonus) by Luke Zecchin

Wellness Incorporated: The Health Entrepreneur's Handbook by Jennifer Buchanan - Music Therapist text - cannot wait to dive into this one!!

Sonic Recover: Harness the Power of Music to Stay Sober by Tim Ringgold - also a Music Therapist. I'm not sure if this one will be relevant to my life or the life of my clients, but I like to support fellow MT-BCs.

Profit First by Mike Michalowicz

Unlocking Potential: 7 Coaching Skills That Transform Individuals, Teams, and Organizations by Michael K. Simpson

Productivity Hacks: How to do Less and Get Better Results by David Vellacott

Tune In: Use Music Intentionally to Curb Stress, Boost Morale, and Restore Health... by Jennifer Buchanan

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown

Egad! There are tons of resources on my Kindle that I haven't even touched yet!! It's time to get more purposeful. So, as a result, my Kindle is going to head to work with me on a daily basis. I'm going to sit in my favorite sunshiny spot during my lunch periods, and I'm going to read! I am going to keep track of the chapters that I read, and I'm going to be taking notes in one of my many spiral notebooks so I can organize my thoughts. Ten texts to read - no problems! I can do that in a couple of months - with discipline and with dedication!

What are you reading these days to inform your music therapy practice? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA