Whistling Toilets and Messy Desks - The State of This Life

You read that right. I currently have a whistling toilet. At this point, I am very grateful that it is not leaking all over the front bathroom as it has done before, but it is still whistling. The maintenance department is coming in to replace filters, and I am hoping that they hear the toilet whistle. I bet they don't, though.

I also have two messy desks at the moment...maybe three desks - forgot the one at work. My desks here at home are currently covered with detritus - papers, notes, things to sort for recycling, fun things to make me smile, old CDs, empty teacher planners, and countless other things that are just hanging out on the flat surfaces. This has to stop because I need to take control of this part of my life in a way that makes things easier for me.

Right now, I am moving things back where they go. It's such a simple little trick, but one that helps me make sense of my stuff and my thinking patterns. The candles? They need to go by the television like all the other candles. Done. They are now off the desk. The CD book for the car? It needs to be changed and updated and then placed back into the car so I can listen to that music when the iPod is elsewhere.

Books need to go back to the bookshelves (except for the text I am currently reading - that will go into the paper sorter) and the pens go into the pen holder. It makes sense, doesn't it? Putting things into their places leads to them being where they need to be. 

My next goal is to figure out how to turn 24 hours into 48 hours per day. I think I would get just about the right amount of stuff that I want to get done everyday in that particular time frame.

Okay, half the desk is a bit less cluttered, and now I can focus on my goals and my tasks for this week. Make a form, write a CMTE proposal, read a bit on ethics, draw something new, make something just for me, eat breakfast, make lunches, and try to get in some exercise.

Time to get myself going towards my other goals - eating breakfast daily, staying hydrated, and getting things done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA