Things Are Getting Less Cluttered

I am in Day two of the great purge triggered by the upcoming visit by my Mother necessitating this drastic step. Yesterday was the start of the closet, the start of the craft room, and the filling of trash bags and clothing bags ready to donate to some place that is not here. Today will be the finish of the closet, continuing in the craft room, laundry, and what ever else calls out to be done. Tomorrow will be the delivery of the new air mattress, finishing the craft room (around the new bed), working lots on the front room, and dishes. Mom coming to visit is the snake bite in the nether regions that I needed to get this going.

When she arrives, I think we'll be able to rest a bit. Mom and I are lots alike. Neither of us needs to be entertained much, so I anticipate that she'll be fine with going out to do things every so often, but won't insist on doing big, splashy things all the time. I do have one trip planned out, something local, and something that should be very entertaining for my Mom, so I am pretty excited about that idea. My sister thinks it's a good idea as well, so I've found a winner.

As I am decluttering my living area, my brain is getting more cluttered. I am finding things that I haven't looked at for a long time, and my brain is clicking along into other things I could be doing with that stuff. I am having to squelch those creative thoughts in favor of brute cleaning, but I will get back to those things. I will take some super-sticky post-it notes back to the craft room and use them as a (get this - it's a bullet journal-type phrase) brain dump for all those ideas that flit through my mind like, "Ooh, I forgot about those stickers. They would go so very well with the School Theme packet that I'm getting ready for subscribers..." I can write the thought down on one of those post-its and then I have it to work on later.

I do this quite often. I probably keep the post-it note company in business with the numbers of small notepads I buy from them every single year. I love them, and I am never far away from some of them...but I digress from the topic at hand.

This brain dump idea is supposed to help me make my brain less cluttered, but it usually means that the creative juices start to flow freely. All of a sudden, I am only engaged in the brain dump and creativity, and the task at hand is suffering. That cannot happen in the next three and a half days. So, I am going to spend this time trying my best to remain focused on my desired outcome - a clean, less cluttered living space in the next three days. 

I will let my brain get all cluttered up and creative. There will be time to make some of these ideas reality after Mom gets here and we start our vacation... 

Uh-oh, I'm getting caught up in thinking again. Gotta go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment