Monday Morning Musings

It is Monday morning, and I am gearing myself up for this week. To compound the Halloween hype that happens every year, my administrators decided to make this entire week "Spirit Week." So, I have to get myself dressed up in my "favorite sports team paraphernalia" before I head out. 

Problem? 

You bet there is a problem. I don't have any sports team paraphernalia. So, I am doing something I do well - I'm improvising.

My outfit today will include a facility shirt, shorts, and leggings. I will find some sort of headband to put on. No one will really care if I dress up or not, except my clients, so I am doing this for them.

I remind myself - this is all for my clients.

This weekend, I managed to finish up some visual aids for my sessions this week. I laminated all of the cards sent to me by Tracy Reif at Music Therapy Mailings. We'll be using those in a bit. I finished my pumpkin folders, and I also laminated the rocket ship emotion game that I made a couple of weeks ago. All that is left is the cutting out and trimming of the materials and everything is ready to go. The emotion game is on the list for this week's sessions - Wednesday and Thursday. Only three group members can play it at a time, but maybe we'll turn it into a team game so everyone can participate.

Today and tomorrow is given over to Pumpkin Carols and Pumpkin Emotions. We're going to make pumpkins match our moods through song, manipulatives, and dry erase markers. My older students will do some emotion exploration and some emotional improvisation (we'll see if it works for them - it usually doesn't work very well, but we shall see) in addition to the Pumpkin stuff when they come for their hour of time today and tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I am making and chipping away at my to-do list. I started my AMTA presentation. Things are coming together, but not very easily. I have a newsletter to send out tomorrow, so that's coming together as well. Most of the things on my to-do list are home things - doing dishes and vacuuming and the like - things that have been neglected lately. In fact, it's time to get started on my morning chore - loading the dishwasher.

Have a wonderful Monday, all. I'm off to spread some "spirit."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA