Has My Nose Always Been This Crooked?

Ugh. Yesterday's sessions started with a headbutt to the nose which caused my nose to bleed off and on for about 45 minutes, led to tenderness, and the start of some bruising. It also led to worker's compensation forms, questioning from my dad, and lots of compulsive looks in mirrors to stare at my nose.

The question that continues to plague me is, "Has my nose ALWAYS curved to the left like that?"

Do we ever really talk about the marks that clients can make on us? I work with kids who have failed in every other education setting that they've been in. They tend to strike with hands, fists, and heads before thinking. They seem to have no awareness of what their actions do to others. Some of them do this out of a need for survival - they were taught that hurting others was the way to get something for you that meant that you didn't have to do something that scared you. Some of them do this because they can - that's the situation with the client yesterday.

I don't have any real bruising, and I can breathe out of my nose without any more trouble than I did yesterday at this time, so I'm not really sure that I need medical attention for this, but I filed paperwork anyway. That's the responsible thing to do as an employee - register work incidents with the folks at work just in case something develops. I am sure that my representative at the insurance company will be just thrilled to hear from me again - we just got to a settlement point with the other case that I have with them. Part of my hesitation with going to see someone is due to the runaround that I had with the insurance company, but if I get hurt at work, someone needs to help me out with that. That's why we have insurance.

I'm going into work for my physical behavior management recertification. I'm going to try the physical moves to see if my recovered knee can manage it. If not, it will mean 6 weeks of bracing to get over the sprain. For the moment, though, I'm going to stare at my nose to see if it seems a bit more crooked than it did - I think so, but I don't take selfies and don't have many pictures of myself looking straight at the camera - I just can't tell!

I hope you have a great Tuesday - better than my Monday, anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA