cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The title of today's post is brought to you courtesy of Bella-cat who feels an urge to stand on the keyboard on a regular basis. I'm not sure what it means, but I bet you didn't either and that's why you are here, looking at this blog right now. So, now I have to figure out how to write a post that is worthy of this title.

It is Thoughtful Thursday. I'm not thinking very much right now except for how much my body hurts after physical therapy yesterday and whether I will walk or shuffle into the music therapy room at work - probably shuffle.

I have a quotation sitting on my desk within my gaze right now, but I haven't been with it long enough to have a coherent thought about it yet. You'll have to wait until next week for that one. So, shifting topics now...

I was asked to sing at a wedding two Saturdays from now. The bride and groom are friends of mine. I've known them for a long time and have had the pleasure of watching their romance grow. The mister sings in my choir at my church job. He and his first wife moved to our area after I started working there. She passed away about 10 years ago. He has given me some of her mementos and lots of her yarn over the years. He is in his eighties and is a sweet, sweet man. The missus-to-be is also a member of the congregation. She is one of those people who loves everyone and every thing. She is also very sweet, and the two of them are perfect together. Her first husband passed away many years ago - I never met him. They are going to blend their lives together on the 30th.

It's going to be a big wedding, I think. They didn't bother with invitations, but just issued a general invitation to all of our church family. Bits and pieces of their extended families will be there and probably everyone from church will be there as well. The bride is doing almost everything for the wedding herself - the decorations, the arrangements, and everything else. She's a bit nervous that there won't be too many people there. I think she will be amazed at how many people do arrive. They are well-loved individually, and, as I stated before, we've all watched their romance bloom over the past five years. We are all very happy for them.

The groom asked me if I would sing at the wedding last night. I am touched and thrilled to be able to contribute something to their day. I am going to be singing a song that they love - He Touched Me  - at some time during the ceremony. 

It is time to go out and buy a new thing to wear for this wedding. (None of my wedding-suitable clothing actually fits me as I am right now. Sigh.) I don't like shopping, but I will do it for them. My sister is telling me to find an entirely new outfit including jewelry which is something I NEVER do. I don't buy jewelry - it is usually mine through an inheritance. I have rarely bought myself some sort of jewelry to wear. If I do buy jewelry, it's often hematite, a metal I like the look and feel of, and it is relatively inexpensive as well - double good stuff for me. I am thinking that this occasion requires a bit more, well, something. My sister (who loves shopping and dressing others up) wanted me to take my tablet and Skype with her during the entire experience. I drew the line right there! She is expecting pictures of various outfits sent to her on a regular basis during the day so she can "help" me make a decision. It is probably stressing her out that she is 1,500 miles away and can't take me shopping. She also likes to dress up my father and mother in outfits she designs. I think she is a frustrated party planner/personal shopper and takes her frustrations out on me (and I take it because I ABHOR shopping for clothes!).

During the upcoming shopping trip (my sister is recommending that I go to at least seven stores to comparison shop - shudder), the thought in my mind will be the gift of sharing the upcoming wedding with people who I love dearly. Being a part of the celebration is such a joy that the shopping will eventually be worth it!

It is time to figure out what this has to do with music, therapy, and me. (The "me" part is evident, isn't it?) I get to share music with two people that I love and who love me as well. The music will add something to their celebration, because that is something that music does - it adds to.

Happy Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA