iTunes Will Be the End of Me

Dramatic? I don't think so. I think I will really suffer significant grief due to Apple computers and my lack of intuition when it comes to iThings.

Now, I know lots of people out there who swear by Apple products and love everything possible about them. I refuse to get into any other conversations about how everyone in the world should use iThings, especially music therapists. I am a proud PC-user and will always be a PC-user.

This may be a bit strange since my first computer (in my fifth grade classroom) was a Apple II-e. I was able to navigate through that operating system without a problem, but then came the era of the Macintosh. That advance in technology changed how Apple computers navigated the computing world, and that's where I was left behind.

My journey into iThings has been complex and varied. I have tried everything and anything to see if I can change, but I can't.

I currently have an iPod that I use at my facility for playing music. I purposefully chose an iPod over any other mp3 player for several reasons. First, I could get more storage on the iPod than on any other mp3 player that I could find. It's hard to ignore 160GBs of storage. Second, my Windows media player isn't compatible with the server at work, so music wasn't easily accessed through my work computer. Third, I have placed all of my recordings in iTunes since Windows Media Player doesn't work at work, so it was just easier to use iTunes for that service, and an iPod works more easily than another player.

Lately, though, my iPod and iTunes has given me fits. I'm getting notifications that the iPod has never been used before. Apple keeps telling me stuff. I keep trying to figure out what is going on, but as I don't really think about life as an Apple-disciple, I am at a loss.

For the moment, I will keep going as long as my iPod keeps going, and I will try to work within the shallow end of the iUniverse. Then I will scurry back to the familiarity and the logic of the PCverse. It will be fine.

Okay, iTunes, let's agree to just tolerate each other, and I think we'll be fine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA