Getting Back Into the Routine

This is one of those days where the to-do list easily overcomes the amount of time that I have to accomplish things. Add in some missing work keys, and everything that I have to do is made just a bit more complicated. Ugh.

It has been a long week, and I've only been at work ONE DAY!!

I was on my way out of town yesterday morning when I realized that I did not know where my work keys and badge were. Cue me to do a legal u-turn and frantic searching through things that I brought in with me on December 20th when I traded in the rental car and went to get my car from the shop! I did not find the badge and keys at home, so I went to work hoping to find them there. I did not. I came back home and searched some more - not to be found anywhere! I don't remember having my keys with me when I left work on Friday, the 20th, but I cannot imagine that I didn't have them. I usually attach them to my belt with my carabiner when I do not have pockets - but I think I had pockets in my pajama pants that day. I simply do not remember where I put them...at all. I didn't need them until yesterday, so I didn't even think about those keys until I started for work yesterday. At the moment, I am stumped.

It is time to sit down and do some organizing and prioritizing of my list of things that need to be done in the next three days. First, I have a subscription release on Sunday. We are going to collect some therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) for the month of March - basketball will play a bit of a role this month because I went to a basketball powerhouse university!! We are also going to have a bit of leprechaun stuff and some spring focused TME ideas as well. If you'd like this collection of TMEs, check out the website!

We made it through the first day of our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports discussion. Today will be full of "lesson plans" and "role-playing." I'm not sure what my role in all of this is going to be. I'm supposed to be doing something, but I am not sure at all what I will be asked to do in front of my colleagues today, but I'll pretend I know what I am talking about. I'm good at that.

We have been promised some time to work in our rooms today, and I am going to take advantage of that time - I have an intern to orient, another to supervise a bit, and a badge to find!! I was able to clean off my desk completely yesterday, so I can say with 100% accuracy that my badge is NOT on my desk or computer cabinet!! I am hoping to have some time to prepare my sessions for next week - a bit of strategizing is called for this week so I can move into my weekend without stressing about work things.
 
This weekend includes calls to the car dealer to see if my new car has arrived, working on my sing about mini subscription release, finalizing my webinar about chord progressions for Monday evening, and spending time with the cat who is very clingy and always on my lap. See what I mean?? This is a real time photo taken from my computer as I write this. The cat has filled up any sort of lap that I've made since I returned home two days ago. I'm sort of over it, but I know that she has experienced a bit of anxiety being all by herself, so I can be her resting place for a couple more days. I also need to start my file folder/visual aid production process for my exhibit. I also need to pay for that table and formalize all the information with the region. That's what I will do while I am taking breaks from thinking and cleaning.

It's time to get back into my routine of work and sleep and work and more work and then there's work!

Happy Day 3 of 2020, everyone!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA