Tuesday at Teachers Pay Teachers: Free Stuff for Music Therapists to Download and Use

It is the last Tuesday of 2019, and I am going to share with you some of the free stuff available to you if you join Teachers Pay Teachers. **Please note that I do not get any financial compensation or benefit if you join TPT or if you purchase anything from the site (unless you buy something from my store).** It is free to join, and there are LOTS of free resources available to you (over 18,000!) that you can adapt or use to enrich your music therapy sessions with clients. Here is a list of files that I have used for some of my therapeutic music experiences...
  1. Sara Bibee - Music Composer of the Month - Antonin Dvorak - Bulletin Board Pieces - I do a Musician of the Month series, and it is wonderful when the work is done for me. This composer's packet is free, and Sara has lots of other materials in her store. In fact, here's another free file - Colorful Pitch Circles. Who couldn't use these in some way??
  2. Music Teacher Resources - Free Music e-book - This is less of a file and more of an advertisement, but it offers more information about some TPT sellers. I like Music Teacher Resources as a shop because things are geared towards older learners as well as for smaller ones. Here's another free resource - Music Match-Up game
  3. Imaginative Teacher - Musical Instrument Sort - This is a notebook file which can run on Smart-type boards. I don't have one or the software to run this file, but it was still free!!
  4. Band Teachers Talk Shop - Composer Quotes - This file is meant for classroom decor, but I bet it could start some interesting conversations with different groups of music therapy clients.
  5. Of course, I have to add a link to my own store - musictherapyworkscom - My free files are Pig in a Mud Puddle and Drop Everything and Read. Every visual aid comes with a brief description of how to make the file and another on how I use the file during sessions. Almost all of my files also come with an original, clinic-tested song. If you are interested in full TME plans, then contact me and I'll let you know where they are in my sing about songs books. 
I hope that you can find some nifty things to print out, make, and use with your clients on this wonderful resource. Happy exploring!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA