Fun Friday: Beanbags

I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately, buying things like new tote bags and plane tickets and Christmas gifts for family members and a new car and a shirt for me from my favorite blogger's brand-new bookstore and several sets of vinyl beanbags in the shapes of frogs, turtles, and ladybugs! The fruits of my shopping are starting to arrive here at my home, so I am sitting and trying to figure out a couple of things - one, where I will put all this stuff until it goes to its final destination, and two, if there is anything else I need...

(P.S. I already know the answer to the second thing on that list, but it doesn't stop me from wondering...)

This day is one where I do not have to go to work, so I am taking the day to finish up the pesky chores that have stacked up around here. I cleared out the front hallway yesterday to accommodate the annual changing of the furnace filter, so I have things that need to be pit in their places. I am distressed by the state of my computer desk right now, so I will be spending some time tossing things and moving things out of this area to other places. I am hoping to run a vacuum cleaner the length of my home by the end of tomorrow evening, so I have things to do.

As I'm working, I will be thinking about how to use my new beanbags with my clients. I have lots of ideas for frogs - more than my requisite six TMEs - but I have never had any turtles or ladybugs before. I know that most of my TMEs for the frogs will transfer to the other species, but I want to have some more ideas to help me justify the eventual purchase of more of these beanbags. I love the way they feel and my last sets of frog bags held up for about 20 years, so I feel that these are good investments. I managed to find some new colors this time around as well. My favorites so far are the ladybugs. I keep settling on The Ladybug's Picnic as my first therapeutic music experience for these bags, but I will need to get another set if I want to count to 12! Does anybody else know that song?? It is probably on YouTube - it was from Sesame Street, but I'm not going to look for it now.

New beanbags, a good advocacy discussion yesterday, another day off after this one, and fall temperatures! This is going to be a GREAT Friday!! I hope that yours is just as good or better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA