Today is Getting Off to a Rough Start

I will think of these trees today...
Today is a case of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing at all."

I'm going to acknowledge my feelings and then move into this day finding as much positivity as possible. My facebook feed's daily happiness post includes only the words, "ten more days." That's how much time is left between now and the next school break, and I really need to know that there are seven work days and three weekend days in between now and then.

The humidity is killing me. I feel that this may be a literal statement as my breathing is more difficult with the level of moisture in the air. When I was in California just recently, I felt the heat, but I didn't have to use my inhaler. I could move and function well. Out here, I just can't do the same thing, and I can't get away from or avoid the air. It's everywhere. So, I struggle all during these months.

I slept an hour later than usual. It was not a restful extra hour, so I am heading out into the world feeling more exhausted than usual. Ugh. This affects my attitude and my work as a music therapist, so I am paying attention to all of these things as I move into my least favorite group of the week.

I know that current situations for this particular group of clients and co-workers (mostly co-workers) are compounding the other things that I've mentioned today. I try not to let others affect me, but there are just some people that rub me the wrong way. That's part of being human. I only have to deal with these co-workers for 60 minutes. That's all. I can do it.

Sorry to dump my feelings and my attitudes onto this post, but I really do find that acknowledging how I feel helps me move past it and not dwell very much afterwards. I think I'll be able to go into the world and do what I need to do for seven more work days. Seven more work days...seven more work days...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA